The basic aim of Search Engine Optimization is to upgrade the ranking of a particular website. Doing so makes it easily approachable by the users on the commonly used search engines. Well, the relation of a press release with this aim has maintained its importance even in the year 2019. If you have a website and you are trying to do your level best to make it SEO friendly; Press Release is surely something that can help you out with the branding of your workpiece.
History of the Relation between Press Release and SEO
We’ve tracked down the dependency of the two above-mentioned terms in the past five years. The conclusion states that the Press Release played quite an essential role in determining the SEO ranking of a website on leading search engines like Google. The reason for this particular effect was the influence on the determination of SEO rankings because of the number of links which were there for a specific website or a page.
This was almost 5 years back. After a while, the marketing specialists started taking advantage of this feature. They started producing numerous links even of the most irrelevant contents to boost up the rankings.
This, hence lead to the change in the ranking algorithm which minimized the effect of the number of links on the ranking of a website. A result of this was that the press release companies hid their unnecessary links from the search engines.
Present Scenario of the Relation between Press Release and SEO
One thing to remember is that irrespective of the reduction in the value of the links in determining a ranking of a website, it still holds some value. It even contributes to overall growth. Hence, releasing your website links or page links on press distribution services you can gain some good amount of response through it. Whenever you plan a press release, what can help you do the trick is that you can make your readers or visitors aware of the release through various mediums. You can use social media platforms or emails to ensure that your followers know that you will be posting a press release soon. You can even add the URLs of the release on such platforms to redirect the readers.
How Press Release Can Boost Up Your Search Engine Optimization?
Below are a few important points which will give you clarity as in how to use Press Release in order to affect your search engine optimization even in the current year 2019:
- Smart Media Targeting: The key to a good press release is not by doing it through numerous reporters. The smartness is by doing it through a single reporter itself who has a reach to your target audience and knows particularly about the subject of your release.
- Fulfill all the necessary Search Engine Specifications: SEO friendly websites have to keep in mind that the content they use is as per the criteria which boost up the ranking of the content. Smart use of keywords, bold and understandable headings, relevant and reliable information, the outlook of your text and website as a whole etc. All of this is what will drag the attention of the SEO experts to your website.
- Try getting Optimum Quality External Links: Once there is good and reliable content on your page/website, numerous reputed sites will try linking with you. Hence, whenever you are writing a press release, formulate it in such a manner that it catches attention. Also, ensure that it adds interest of the reader and compels him/her to share it further.
- The Regularity of Posts: This is one very important factor which you should keep under consideration. High SERP rankings require regularity of posts and relevant content on the website. If you fail to post regular releases for your website, you can actually go really low in the rankings of your website. You can set a particular day or time to schedule a press release for your website. You can ensure that you upload new posts or releases at least thrice weekly if you are seeking for a considerable rank.
Hence, these are a few key points which can help you increase your website’s popularity and relevance by using the Press Release.
Benefits of Press Release on SEO Ranking of a Website
As discussed above, the change in the Google Algorithm has reduced the impact of press releases on a website’s SEO ranking. But what you should not ignore is the fact that the indirect benefits of the same have emerged which is usually left unnoticed. The direct impact might have gone down undoubtedly. But the indirect value of a press release marks a deep impact on the SEO ranking of a website/page.
You should write a release which is on point and highly impacting. It is more likely that the newspapers or the media channels are going to choose it and highlight it to a remarkable extent. If that happens, your website/page will gain a lot of attention and popularity in no time.
Below are a few listed benefits of press release other than the ones mentioned above:
- Backlinks formation happens naturally.
- Visibility of your website/page on popular search engines.
- Recognition of your brand.
- Increase in referred traffic.
Thus, you can make the press releases a part of your overall SEO strategy. This will help you to put up an impactful website and to gain reputed popularity amongst your target audience. Press releases also help a lot in increasing the authority of your website.
If you aim to put up a good business, it is essential to get popular and to ensure the awareness of your existence amongst your audience. Social media marketing and email marketing do help to some extent but nothing can beat the impact of a press release when it comes to exposure of a brand name.
Hence, an authentic press release should hold great content stating the truth and reliable facts. The presentation should be in an attractive manner. It is exactly what media people are hunting for.
by Nancy Khosla